DIY Art: Painted Brick
What do you get when you add a bit of urban art to folk art? A painted brick!
In my new video I show you how I made these.
The art supplies I used:
- Gesso (Liquitex)
- Old brushes (Stencil brush, fine round brush and a flat brush)
- Black fluid acrylic paint (Golden)
- Acrylic paint Red Deep (Ara)
- Acrylic paint Taupe (PaperArtsy) or Warm Gray (Ara)
- Glossy Acrylic medium (Ara)
Here is how to make them.
- Clean the brick very well. I used St. Marc for this.
- Paint a figure with white gesso.
- Sketch a face onto the gesso figure with pencil.
- Now add the grey shading witha dry brush.
- Use a very dry brush with the tiniest bit of black to make black stains.
- Add details with the red paint.
- Color the eyes grey. I used a mixture of black with gesso for this.
- Draw all the lines with the black fluid paint and a fine round brush.
- Add a good layer of glossy acrylic medium, but only over the painted part. The glossy paint and the raw brick make a pretty contrast.
That is it. I hope you liked this tutorial! Let me know in a comment below if you want to try this too.
Tip: use your hand painted brick as a book stand.
Want more art inspiration? Subscribe to my newsletter!