I love this Royal Gold acrylic paint by Old Holland. It is a super warm gold of one the best brands I know. This is artist quality, all right! Nope, not cheap. But oh – so beautiful!
(Watch video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/x50QFMZTPGw)
Royal Gold is part of the Old Holland New Masters Iridescent series. Besides Royal Gold I also adore the color ‘Aluminium‘, which is a stunning silver. The reason why I love these two metallic colors so much is because they are ultra opaque. Most of the silvers and golds from other brands are transparent or semi-transparent. But these from Old Holland or the most opaque iridescent heavy body acrylics I’ve ever seen; so far.
The art supplies that I used to decorate this art journal cover are:
- Royal gold acrylic paint (Old Holland)
- Titanium white acrylic paint (Ara)
- Cadmium red deep acrylic paint (Old Holland)
- Mars black acrylic paint (Ara)
- Matte acrylic gel medium (Liquitex)
- Big flat brush (Liquitex)
- Small flat brush
- Black Indian ink (Talens)
- Dip pen and nib
- Bubble plastic
- Gelli plate gel printing
- Graphite pencil
- Washi tape
- Pretty lokta and washi papers from Nepal and Japan
- An art journal, to decorate
I am free
P.S. This post is NOT sponsored by Old Holland, or any other brand. I am a genuine enthusiast.With love,
Want more art inspiration? Subscribe to my newsletter!